Date: 4/5/17 7:02 pm
From: Bill Tice <ticebill7...>
Subject: [obol] Polk County Today
Hi All,

Finally a day off and it did not rain, too much. I did a jaunt around Polk
County, and the more notable sightings were a Eurasian Wigeon a few miles
south of Independence in a large wigeon flock. I did not have adequate
time at the sewage ponds, so only viewed the first pond and there was
nothing out of the ordinary, but good numbers of shovelers, ruddy ducks and
scaup.

At the refuge there were 15 Cinnamon Teal seen from the narrows, as well as
4 Black-necked Stilts. Not to compete with the large numbers of Greater
Yellowlegs in Benton, there were only 10 at the refuge. There were 4
Yellow-headed Blackbirds as well. At Morgan Lake were 6 Greater Scaup, 5
of which were males, and a Merlin flew over while there. There were also 5
more Cinnamon Teal in the wetland below the lake.

Also of interest was a bobcat along Smithfield Rd. He even stopped running
for a few pics.

http://variousoregonbirdingpiks.blogspot.com/2017/04/baskett-slough-bobcat.html

--
Bill Tice

Birding: The best excuse for getting outdoors, and, for avoiding chores

Join us on Facebook!