Date: 4/5/17 6:38 pm
From: Herbert Larner <larnersky...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Chuck - will's - Widow & Whip - poor - Will in Augusta County
Hello all

This evening I went up in Big level's area of Stuarts Draft to see if the
Whip's & just maybe an early Chuck - will's - Widow was around . I staked
out a couple of areas & before getting any Whip's I had 2 Barred Owl's , one
calling & the other seen in very dim light . At first I thought it was a
Great Horned But by moving to another area just above where the Owl landed ,
it turned out to be a Barred . after finding these two I drove up further on
the road in Big Levels & got my first Whip & about .4 tenths of a mile
further yeilded another Whip . After getting in the area of the Chuck's I
made a couple of stops with no luck & the third stop was a charm . A Chuck
called out which makes it an early spring date . Our old record is April 10
1995 .

Earlier in the day I went by the Cheese Shop in Stuarts Draft & the house in
the back has several Purple Martin houses that had several Martin's flying
in & out of the houses .

Allen Larner

Staunton