Date: 4/5/17 6:29 pm
Subject: Black-headed Gull?
I believe I saw a Black-headed Gull at the Cedar Island Ferry Terminal this
morning. I have included two photos in my eBird report linked below. It
was out on a sand bar near the inlet. It didn't quite look right for a
Bonaparte's Gull and when a Laughing Gull walked up to it, the size caught
my attention. In the photos you can see red in the bill and the legs look
dark compared to a Bonaparte's Gull. I would appreciate any opinions on
the bird.

I also had FOY Black-necked Stilts, Sora (thought I surely would have heard
one by now), Chimney Swifts, and deer tick (not excited about that one).
There was also a Purple Sandpiper with three Ruddy Turnstones near the
inlet (about one mile east of the terminal).

Thanks,
Marty Wall
Eden & Beaufort, NC

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ebird.org_ebird_view_checklist_S35711359&d=DwIBaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=BpQ6zHe-CcS01NNeQEih9lD9lc5KWYwvBKGdGJ0eX1U&s=NVE3a4cfhMbaGnFKlujUfcRU868Zsr82yKLOtrDwQbc&e=

Join us on Facebook!