Date: 4/5/17 4:49 pm
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: Pine warbler, Koch property, Northampton County
A very bright adult male pine warbler appeared in the front yard early this afternoon, and it was still there at dark tonight. Judging from other PA and NJ reports pine warblers are moving big time right now. It's so bright I almost missed it among the many molting goldfinches. Chipping sparrows were visible in multiples today, unlike '"one here, one there" on previous days. However, winter sparrows are still here. I'm still seeing a few tree sparrows, white-throats will be here for probably another month, as will white-crowned's, and a lot of them are molting. There are field sparrows  in the fields but only occasionally now do they come into the yard to feed. But song sparrows seem to be all over the place, as still are juncos. And an eastern phoebe was in and out of the front yard most of the day.
Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>

Join us on Facebook!