Date: 4/5/17 11:42 am
Subject: early migrants -- what to listen and look for, plus song ID question
Good afternoon,

Can anyone suggest a short list of early passerine migrants, esp. warblers,
that are likely present or passing through central and eastern N.C. now?

.. . . .. .. . . . . . . .

(Longer explanation follows -- those who are not interested may wish to
skip it)

Among other things, I'm trying to ID a song heard yesterday along Bath
Creek (Beaufort County, N.C.) Have consulted the usual helps and come up
short.

It went like this: rising higher seer-seer-seer-seer-seer, then a buzzy
beez-beez-beez-beez. Seemed northern parula-like (and there was a parula
nearby, singing other songs). But this song didn't match any of the parula
variations I found.

To narrow down the possibilities, it would be very helpful to approximately
what I should be looking and listening for from others who are
knowledgeable. I imagine it's a pretty short list at this point in the
season.

Betsy Kane
Raleigh, N.C.

Join us on Facebook!