Date: 4/5/17 11:02 am
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Nashville Warbler breeding status in Coast Range
If you look at the Oregon Breeding Bird Atlas for the map of Nashville
Warbler breeding distribution you will see that this species is regular in
the southern half of western Orgon, but missing on the west side as you go
north. The species range continues NE from Eugene into the Cascades and
eastern Oregon all the way to the Columbia.

There is one hexagon with a POSSIBLE breeding record on the Lincoln/Benton
county line.
There is one hexagon with a POSSIBLE breeding record in Polk county.
There is one hexagon with a POSSIBLE breeding record in the NE corner of
Yamhill county.
There is one hexagon with a PROBABLE breeding record at the corner of
Yamhill/Tillamook/Washington county.
There are no hexagons with POSSIBLE breeding records in Clatsop, Columbia or
Multnomah counties.

While folks in Eugene can see this species regularly each spring, I have had
years when I missed it entirely in Yamhill county. On the other hand I've
found them thick on the east side of Hood River county.

Paul Sullivan

--------------------------
Date: Tue Apr 4 2017 20:31 pm
From: greenfant AT hotmail.com

I know of no Coast Rangerecord with the last 10 yearsother than Jeff Hayes
sighting near Hayward April 29, 2012 in Washington Co. I presume that bird
was a migrant. I don't believeNashville Warbler is breeding in Washington
Co.

Stefan Schlick
Hillsboro, OR

POST: Send your post to <obol...>