Date: 4/5/17 8:45 am
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Corvid Survey
Thanks to Paul Hackett for this post. Hope that you all will be able to
help out!

Barbara Volkle
Northborough,MA
<barb620...>

*

Dear Massbirders,

After speaking with Barbara Volkle I have been given permission to email
you all to ask for your co-operation in a research project I am
conducting into American crows.

The study is in 2 parts the first of which involves recording sightings
of Americam crows (corvus brachyrhynchos) in *Essex county*. As well as
recording sightings I am interested in hearing about your observations
of what these birds do, their individual and social behaviours.

Please go to this link and record all sightings you have of American
crows in the county:
https://www.hackettspace.com/crow-behavior-in-essex-massachusett

The second part of the research is to gather any stories, myths,
legends, or just casual encounters you have or know about with American
crows. Here is the link for this study:
https://www.hackettspace.com/crow-stories-in-essex-massachusetts

I am a life long birder and a Massachusetts birder with an interest in
bird behavior and also in how we interact with birds. As well as working
at Emerson College, here in Boston, I work at Cambridge university (UK)
in the corvid research centre. I thank you all in advance for your help
in this project.

Best wishes,

Paul

Professor Paul M. W. Hackett,
*Professor of Ethnography,*
School of Communication, EMERSON COLLEGE, Boston, USA
*Visiting Researcher, *
Department of Psychology, UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE, Cambridge, UK
*Visiting Professor.*
School of Natural and Social Sciences, UNIVERSITY OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE,
Cheltenham, UK

Join us on Facebook!