Date: 4/4/17 7:49 pm
From: Windstream Mail <randyc11...>
Subject: Middle Creek WMA Zach Millen sightings and more
Today at Middle Creek WMA I started on the Lebanon County side and near
Sunnyside Road pond was the male Eurasian Teal with 23 Green-winged Teal at
3 pm . Then I went to the boat launch area were the main lake is from 3:30
to 5:30pm the last hour Jim Widders was there.Then the Lancaster County
side. The 8 Long-tailed Duck were there along with 24 Bonaparte's Gulls.
They were near the west end of the lake when an adult Bald Eagle flew near
them and they flew closer to the launch, even from the other side the black
underwing was noticed , as the gulls flew closer the black underwing of a
Little Gull they were blocked from pictures by trees. The wings had a white
wing edges , in the water it had a small black bill, not red. The head on
the back half had blackish smudge and the was a black dot behind the eye. A
winter adult Little Gull . Then they feed a lot and quickly moved to west
side by swimming and feeding the whole time. From 4:30 to 5:20 pm the gulls
were on the lake than I went to look and they gone, they might have went
west to the river. Jim did not see the gull but we had a raven flying west
over the lake.

Randy C. Miller

Lancaster County

Join us on Facebook!