Date: 4/4/17 5:12 pm
From: Stringer, Randy C. <RCStringer...>
Subject: Unexpected Migrant- Mercer County
Pa Birders,

After a 24 year drought I finally saw a BLACK VULTURE in Mercer County. Over the past few years it appears their range is expanding northward with the number of sightings in the western part of PA. This bird was seen this past Sunday Night at 6:58 PM flying low over Grove City College. The last few weeks have seen a higher than average number of vultures pass through Mercer County and I was careful to track each one down as to its identity, knowing that TV was the expected find but eventually a Black may appear.

R.C. Stringer
Grove City, PA

Join us on Facebook!