Date: 4/4/17 4:11 pm
From: T J <stsparrow47...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Lake Rathbun waterfowl
Paul Egeland, Mike Stephens and went to check on the Black Scoter that Mike
and I saw on Sun. We did not locate this bird or other scoters. We did see
tremendous change from 2 days ago. 21 species of waterfowl were seen with
175 Red-breasted Mergansers, 450 Cormorants, 6 Eared Grebes in breeding
plumage and at least 8 Horned Grebes. The grebes were at the dam. We also
had a woodpecker sweep with a beautiful Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in
breeding plumage. Male and female Pileated were at my home on suet. We also
had a Hermit Thrush, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Brown Thrasher and of course
Cowbirds all first for me this spring. Watch out north Iowa spring is
moving fast. Tom Johnson Mystic, Iowa

--
Tom Johnson
Mystic