Date: 4/4/17 2:26 pm
From: Richard <birdertoo...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Fox Sparrow Still at Cherry Creek Reservoir, Arapahoe County
Hello cobirders;

After a miserable night on Cameron Pass and Jackson County due to inclement weather, we decided to return to Denver.

We drove over to Cherry Creek Reservoir (Arapahoe) and parked near the east boat ramp upper parking area restroom. The car was used as a bird blind.

The Fox Sparrow came out of the thick bushes near the parking area within ten minutes. He worked his away out of the green grass east of the bushes and walked the wet dirt trail.

Unfortunately, ten minutes later a person parked next to us and let his dog out. The dog sniffed the same area that the Fox Sparrow was searching for food. The Fox Sparrow then went back deep into the bushes.

Nothing else uncommon was found. American White Pelicans and Double-crested Cormorants were the majority birds on the lake. Two Say's Phoebes were hawking bugs at the Lake Loop.

Continued Good Birding!

Directions to birding spots and maps on CoBus website:
http://coloradobirdingsociety.net

Richard Stevens; Director, Colorado Birding Society
Denver, Colorado
Contact CoBus/Report Interesting Birds: 303-324-7994
Subscribe to "cobirders" by sending blank email to:
<cobirders-subscribe...>
Read "cobirders" at: