Date: 4/4/17 1:26 pm
From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack...>
Subject: [texbirds] Tuesday morning bird census, Hagerman NWR
The lake has risen some since last week and has covered up most of the sandbars. As a result shorebirds were not as abundant as I had hoped. There were lots of Long-billed Dowitchers and some other shorebirds in the last Marsh on the right on Wildlife Dr. We also found a male Cinnamon Teal there along with lots of Northern Shovelers and Green-winged Teals. We saw our first Little Blue Herons at Dead Woman Pond as well as several Red-headed Woodpeckers.
We saw first of year Wilson's Phalarope, Semipalmated Plover and Spotted Sandpiper. We finished the day with 77 species.
http://ebird.org/ebird/iss/view/checklist/S35697187
Jack Chiles, Texas master naturalist and volunteer, Hagerman NWR.
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!