Date: 4/4/17 12:59 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] 86 species
Sorry for this late post, Kathy DiVito and
I spent Sunday birding wny from youngstown to G. Hill St. Pk. s. to INWR and TWMA and tallied 86 species. Highlights at the intersection of oak orchard ridge rd and Rt.63 were n.harrier, r.legged hawk, n.shrike 2 eagles sitting on the ground gathering grasses?. North of kumpf marsh a sandhill crane. Stafford marsh at Albion and e. Shelby had b.w.teal. Barker had plenty of courting r.n.grebes and h.grebes. Snipe at Hartland rd. East of Sommerset coal plant and woodcock at the Se corner of pletcher rd. and creek rd. intersection in Lewiston. The heron rookery at the end of pletcher road nw of the dump is getting active. Most easily visible looking w. From the army corp. driveway. Not sure if they care if you stand there but i would look and leave. I assume it's private property. I still have pine siskens at the feeders too. Happy birding!
Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone_______________________________________________