Date: 4/4/17 10:43 am
From: Fawn Bowden <fawnda10...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Terry Trueblood- Johnson County this morning
I went to Terry Trueblood this morning, thinking I'd just stop by briefly
and see what was there, but the birds were just wonderful right after the
rain, so I ended up staying an hour and a half.

A *Horned Grebe*, *almost* completely in breeding plumage, was seen on
the NW side of the lake. Many *Red-breasted Mergansers* congregated on the
SW side of the lake, males displaying, quite fun to watch. A *Common Loon*,
male, in breeding plumage, was fishing on the SE corner of the lake.
Several FOY *Field Sparrows* were seen. Many, many *Eastern Bluebirds* were
all around, obviously taking note of the new housing that was just put up
for them. I've never seen so many there actually. *Fox Sparrows* and *White-throated
Sparrows* were working over the damp leaf litter. Just as I was planning
on leaving an *Osprey* starting to hover maybe 50' in front of me, making
it hard to want to leave! Also several immature *Bald Eagles* as well. A
group of 5 *Cormorants* flew overhead, headed north.

Really, a great display of spring birds, go check it out!

Fawn Bowden
Riverside, IA