Date: 4/4/17 10:04 am
From: Monica Barrera <mbarrera...>
Subject: [texbirds] Tuesday Bird Walk at the Edinburg Scenic Wetlands
Nice morning out at the wetlands today! Slightly windy, but still a good
time to take a walk through the gardens to compile a bird list. It was a
bit quiet, even the Green Kingfisher did not make an appearance while we
were at North Pond Overlook. But, we did get to see a pair of Green Herons
carrying nesting material! And, we heard a Carolina Wren by the picnic
table area currently under construction. Below is this morning's list:
Edinburg Scenic Wetlands and World Birding Center, Hidalgo, Texas, US
Apr 4, 2017 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Protocol: Area
40.0 ac
32 species (+1 other taxa)

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck 4
Blue-winged Teal 2
Northern Shoveler 2
Plain Chachalaca 5
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Neotropic Cormorant 15
Anhinga 1
Great Egret 1
Snowy Egret 8
Green Heron 2
Osprey 1
Broad-winged Hawk 1
Common Gallinule 1
American Coot 5
Black-necked Stilt 5
Laughing Gull 2
Forster's Tern 3
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 2
Inca Dove 1
Buff-bellied Hummingbird 2
Golden-fronted Woodpecker 1
Great Kiskadee 5
Tropical/Couch's Kingbird 1
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 2
White-eyed Vireo 1
Cave Swallow 1
House Wren 1
Carolina Wren 1 heard calling by our new picnic tables area
Northern Mockingbird 5
Northern Cardinal 2
Great-tailed Grackle 10
Lesser Goldfinch 5
House Sparrow 2

Bird walks are on Tuesdays, 8:30 - 10:00 a.m., from now until the first
week of May.

Thank you,
*Monica Barrera*

Interpretive Naturalist

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands & World Birding Center

‚Äč

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!