Date: 4/4/17 9:12 am
From: <markchavez...>
Subject: [cobirds] Broad-tailed Hummingbird--Jeffco
On 3/24 I was totally surprised to see a Broad-tailed Hummingbird in my backyard in Lakewood/Green Mtn. This is by far the earliest record for this species by almost a month. The earliest record for the yard was 4/22 in 2015. After my sighting on 3/24 I rushed and put up a feeder and the bird returned. The next day I left on a trip to Mexico to find the bird at the feeder when I returned a week later. As I write this post, the bird is at the feeder with snow falling in the background. I guess its never to early to put up a feeder!

Mark ChavezLakewood-Green Mtnhttp://jaeger29.smugmug.com/