Date: 4/3/17 7:40 pm
From: Logan Anderson <northamericaroks...>
Subject: [Va-bird] 5 warbler day
On Sunday I went up the James River trying to try for some early warblers coming through and ended up with a fairly nice list. At Lynchburg’s Percival’s Island I had one Yellow-throated Warbler and up river at the Blue Ridge Parkway James River crossover I had a few Louisiana Waterthrushes, singing Pine Warblers, and many Yellow-rumped Warblers. I snuck up onto the parkway for a short bit and came back with a couple Black-throated Green Warblers and a Blue-headed Vireo. Gnatcatchers, Rough-wingeds, and Tree Swallows were everywhere along the river and a single male Common Merganser was at the usual spot at the AT footbridge.

Happy Birding,
Logan