Date: 4/3/17 7:23 pm
From: Linda Gilbert <oregonjunco...>
Subject: [obol] Lane Coast Birds
I birded the Florence area and north Lane coast, part of the time with Diane Pettey. I found 2 CASPIAN TERNS at the Ocean Beach Picnic Area and Diane spotted more (not sure how many) at Sea Lion Point while I was scoping further out. ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS were everywhere, in the air flying around and in the shrubs. I did not see any BROWN PELICANS or SHOREBIRDS. COMMON LOONS and RED-NECKED GREBES have started their transition to alternate plumage. Gull and duck numbers are way down as is normal. Two GRAY WHALES surfaced off Sea Lion Point fairly close in for a great addition to a sunny day on the coast.

Linda Gilbert

Eugene

Join us on Facebook!