Date: 4/3/17 6:00 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Tifft Nature Preserve - hawk flight - Sue Barth and Alec Humann

Sue Barth and I had an excellent day atop the Mounds Trail at Tifft Nature Preserve. We were expecting a decent raptor flight with the predicted warm temps and ESE winds. We ended up with close to 2000 Turkey Vultures, 2 each of Peregrine and Merlin, 30+ Red-tails, 4 Osprey and 2 BLACK VULTURES; the first bird appeared just before 11am and the second bird arrived after 3pm...13 minutes after it was texted from the Hamburg Hawkwatch!
Other birds we enjoyed during our watch included several Meadowlarks singing, 3 Common Loons, 2 Great Egrets, a Purple Finch flyover and many Great Blue Herons. Full checklist on eBird.

Alec Humann
Buffalo, NY
<Alechumann...>