Date: 4/3/17 5:41 pm
Subject: apparently early Cliff Swallows in SC
On March 24, a single Cliff Swallow was flying near the US 601 bridge over the Congaree River, Richland and Calhoun Counties, SC. I scanned the mud nests there, and a Cliff Swallow (possibly the same one) was perched in the opening of one nest, clearly showing its bright forehead headlight and dark colorful throat.

Today, April 3, 32 Cliff Swallows soared over the US 1/601 bridge over the Wateree River, between Camden and Lugoff. No birds were flying under the bridge where the dozens of nests are, but I got identifying views.

I mention that they are early because ebird has issues with me trying to enter them into my reports. But that's what they are.

Steve Patterson
Camden, SC

Join us on Facebook!