Date: 4/3/17 5:30 pm
From: Alan Strauss <ansch100...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] marine report april 3, 2017
7 AM Herring Cove. NO WHALES‚~@¶A FEW COMMON BIRDS.

RACE POINT LOT: Nothing 8 AM

Race Point Visitor Center 2nd floor (8:45) 3 Humpbacked Whales; 2 Fin Whales; 1 Right Whale; 2 imm. white-winged gulls; 1 adult white-winged gull.

Highland Cape Cod Light: NO WHALES

Sandy Neck (11:45 AM): 2 to 4 Right Whales about one mile out. One Dovekie (BREEDING PLUMAGE) fly by right in scope!

*Note: Right Whales were spouting and active at the surface; also saw tails when diving. Identified based on V-shaped double spout; head and back slowly moving along surface; Tail entering water at slight angle not thrown up high like Humpbacked.

Alan Strauss, Providence

If anyone sees Right Whales close to shore (I mean within video or picture distance) please call me 401-714-7626. If I go to your spot and photograph the whales you reported then you get a ‚~@~\reward‚~@~]. Could be Sandy Neck area, Plymouth, Manomet, any coastal local site.

thanks for helping,
Alan

Join us on Facebook!