Date: 4/3/17 1:55 pm
Subject: Possible Western NC hot spots for Golden-winged and Swainson's Warblers?
I'm posting to inquire if anyone can suggest any places in Western NC (preferably near Asheville) where one might be likely to view Golden-winged and/or Swainson's Warblers in mid-April.

My father-in-law from NY, who has been an active birder for most of his 84 years, has seen all but 4 North American warblers. He will be visiting in mid-April in hopes of seeing the two listed above. The eBird site shows a number of places in the Asheville area where these have been seen in recent years, but I'm wondering if any of you have had recent sightings, and/or if you could suggest specific places where they would be most likely to appear.

All suggestions appreciated.

Tom Hardy

Sent from my iPad

Join us on Facebook!