Date: 4/3/17 12:13 pm
From: Richard Harris Podolsky <richardpodolsky...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] LOY are interesting and important too
Along with FOYs it strikes me that we ought to try and observe and report Last Of Year sightings for our birds that winter here but leave to breed elsewhere in the spring. For example harlequin ducks, purple sandpipers the bulk of our scoters etc. When they clear out of Maine may speak to climate related changes just as much as FOYs do.