Date: 4/3/17 10:50 am
From: Ulrike G <ulrikedg...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Fish Crow - NO
Nadia and I started at Cherry Glenn around 11:15 (? I didn't check my
clock) and worked our way north, hitting Oak Grove, the Saylorville
Wildlife Refuge, and Sandpiper. We found 3 American Crows at Sandpiper, up
near the playground, but that's it for corvids. The rain was pretty
miserable, so we tried to stay in the vehicle as much as possible.

We did find one Red-breasted Merganser at the Refuge area, and three Wood
Ducks at Cottonwood on the way back home. Also noticed the Canada Goose &
Ring-necked Duck nests at Cottonwood. Otherwise, lots of Coots (including
one carrying a frog and being chased by two others at Oak Grove, which
provided some comedy relief), a handful of Shovelers & Blue-winged Teal,
and quite a few Ring-necked Ducks provided the majority of birds seen.

--
Ulrike G.
Polk County