Date: 4/3/17 9:34 am
From: world oceans <world.oceans7...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Storm-driven warbler frenzy in Clayton Co.
Hello,

At about noon today, just as the heavy rain was pouring in from the
southeast, I encountered a group of frenzied warblers on the north & east
side of I-285 at Rt. 19/41. They were moving rapidly in the grove of trees
between the two exit ramps, mostly landing for a moment on a high branch,
then coming down somewhat lower, then zooming to another tree. There were
at least ten warblers in the group, perhaps more, of which I could identify
2 Blackpolls, 1 Cape May (both of those are a few days ahead of schedule),
two Yellow-rumps (Myrtle), and a possible Black-throated Green. The only
other birds amidst them were a few robins. This frenzy lasted for about ten
minutes, and then the rain drove them northeastward (and me to shelter).
Details will be reported to ebird.

Storm birding is great! You just never know what is going to pop up
unexpectedly.

James Gibson
Clayton Co.

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>