Date: 4/3/17 7:20 am
From: Bryan MacKay <mackay...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Chesapeake Audubon "Signs of Spring" walk 4/2/17
Yesterday I led a "Signs of Spring" walk for Chesapeake Audubon. While the focus was on flora, we accumulated a nice diversity of birds for mid-afternoon in the Hilton area of PVSP. Thanks to Frank Morgan, who kept the below list (and submitted to eBird). CAS cross posts trips on meetup, so we get a fair number of non-birders on our trips. So it was rewarding to show at least 4 people their first good look at a very cooperative eastern bluebird, and the rest nice first looks at both male and female yellow bellied sapsuckers. They were very appreciative, even with borrowed/shared binocs.

Bryan MacKay
Catonsville, MD

From Frank Morgan:

Patapsco Valley SP--Hilton Area, Baltimore, Maryland, US
Apr 2, 2017 2:15 PM - 4:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
20 species (+2 other taxa)