Date: 4/3/17 7:05 am
From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Yard migrants
Some birds starting to move through or return to my yard. This morning included 3 Purple Finches, 1 lovely male and two brownies. My FOY Brown Thrasher was singing high in a tree, then it moved down to our fountain and feeders. It was going between 3 different seed feeders, so must have been both very hungry and thirsty! Eastern Towhees are still in the yard, calling and singing; great to hear! Several Field Sparrows were heard and seen, along with large numbers of both White-throated Sparrows and juncos, and smaller numbers of Chipping Sparrows.

Several Ring-necked Duck pairs are on the neighbors little pond, and the Cooper's Hawk was out hunting too. The goldfinch males are showing good color.

Rick Sussman
Woodbine,MD