Date: 4/3/17 4:20 am
From: Richard Candler <candler86...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Chucks and other yard birds 04/02/17
This is the time of year when I keep my windows open at night. Actually I
probably won't close them until October. I am always listening for those
nightjars and owls. Last night I had my first of the year CHUCK-WILLS-WIDOW
singing in the distance. Actually two. This morning a BARRED OWL was acting
crazy.

Yesterday (04/02/17) while in my front yard I heard an OSPREY. I jogged up
to a higher spot to get a better view and saw a BALD EAGLE chasing the
Osprey for several minutes about 100 yards away where there is a small
lake. I didn't have my binoculars (which rarely happens) so I couldn't see
what the Osprey had that the eagle so desperately wanted to steal. A pretty
awesome yard bird experience.

Richard Candler
Sharpsburg
Coweta County