Date: 4/2/17 7:23 pm
From: Jeff Parks <lastimout...>
Subject: [cobirds] Baseline bird musings
Hi all -

Well, it has been an interesting weekend. I visited Baseline Reservoir
several times over the last few days, with an interesting variation each
time. One day, I saw a Common Loon, but haven't seen it since. Apparently
it was spotted again today, but not by me. I managed to get out there
yesterday after seeing reports of a Snowy Plover, and got some pretty good
looks at that one through the scope. I went back today to see if I could
find either of these two birds, but they were conspicuously absent. I did
see a couple of American Pelicans circling overhead, climbing and climbing
until they finally headed off to other parts. As I was getting ready to
leave, I spotted a little yellowish bird working through the small
trees/brush along the edge of the reservoir. Once I got the binoculars on
it, I was thrilled to see that it was a Common Yellowthroat! I am assuming
that it is a little early for these to be here in numbers, but this one was
getting a head start on the season. It soon disappeared from view, and I
hopped on my bike and continued on my way as well.

Good birding -

Jeff Parks
Boulder, CO