Date: 4/2/17 6:52 pm
From: Richard Hollis <xiboia...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Personal lists and a Question
So a question —do Woodcock always make noise when they fly. See my Shorebird description in the next paragraph.

2 April 2017 6:20 AM taking the dog out back Rural North Liberty sounded like Spring. Multiple things singing at once: robins, cardinals, juncos a few sparrows. And the first Ea Phoebe has returned to our neighborhood. 1 shore bird flew up from the Corps land and right over the house, going may 201 over my head. It was shaped sort of like the space ships of the 1940s – fat in the middle and almost pointed at top and nearly pointed at the tails. My only guess is that is was a Woodcock.

2 April 2017 7:10 AM - 8 PM from rural North Liberty to F.W. Kent County Park: Ring-billed Gull 400

Leading ICBC Caravan from F.W. Kent County Park to Tom’s Pond 1 pair Canada Goose, 1 pair American Kestrel on a wire a ways S of Tom’s Ponds, nn Blackbird sp, 4 Mdwlrk sp.

Rick Hollis

rural North Liberty, IA