Date: 4/2/17 6:19 pm
From: Richard Hollis <xiboia...>
Subject: [ia-bird] ICBC Field Trip FW Kent P and Goose L
A Johnson Co Twofer.

Apr 2, 2017 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM ICBC Field Trip F.W. Kent County Park, Johnson, Iowa, US

1.25 mile(s) 11 Birders

34 species: Canada Goose 5, Wood Duck 3, Ring-necked Duck 8, Lesser Scaup 12, Wild Turkey 3, Pied-billed Grebe 1, Great Blue Heron 4, Turkey Vulture 3, Red-bellied Woodpecker 1, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2, Downy Woodpecker 3, Northern Flicker 5, Eastern Phoebe 3, Blue Jay 8, American Crow 5, Black-capped Chickadee 3, White-breasted Nuthatch 3, Brown Creeper 1, ┬┐Winter Wren 1?, Golden-crowned Kinglet 1, Eastern Bluebird 3, American Robin 11, European Starling 5, Yellow-rumped Warbler 5, Field Sparrow 2, Fox Sparrow 1, Dark-eyed Junco 3, Song Sparrow 3, Northern Cardinal 5, Red-winged Blackbird 6, Eastern Meadowlark 2, Common Grackle 6, Purple Finch 2, American Goldfinch 5.

Always a treat to see the first Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, Ea. Phoebe, and Butterbutts of the season. We were also thrilled with a chance to listen to rare Stereophonic Field Sparrows.

Apr 2, 2017 11:05 AM - 11:30 AM ICBC field trip Goose Lake, Johnson, Iowa, US

19 species Canada Goose 10, Mallard 15, Blue-winged Teal 1, Northern Shoveler 25, Lesser Scaup 4, Bufflehead 2, Ruddy Duck 10, Pied-billed Grebe 1, Horned Grebe 1, American White Pelican 20, Turkey Vulture 3, American Coot 4, Killdeer 1, Ring-billed Gull 1, Mourning Dove 2, American Crow 2, Song Sparrow 3, Red-winged Blackbird 4, Common Grackle 20.

I think al1 told we have 40 couple species. Although it was spitting rain as we started, we really saw no rain on the trip.

Rick Hollis

rural North Liberty, IA