Date: 4/2/17 3:15 pm
From: world oceans <world.oceans7...>
Subject: Re: [GABO-L] Wilson's Phalarope, Clayton County Water Authority--E.L. Huie Ponds, Apr 2, 2017
Nice!! I have seen a number of phalaropes that were pretty dark on the
back, especially in transitional plumage (which I think this bird probably
is). Plus, the coverts (especially primary coverts) tend to be dark, so if
the bird folds its wings a certain way, it can create the illusion of a
dark back. Also have seen some with relatively dark caps.....

Nice photos and an exciting find!

James Gibson

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>