Date: 4/2/17 2:08 pm
From: Amy Wilms <wilmsab...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary - Walk
Shari McCollough and I enjoyed our walk at Mary Gray and watched the
feeders, too.

Todays birds of note:
6 Fox Sparrows were still on our ground feeders this morning. 1 Singing.

Most exciting note of the day was finding 2 Black Vulture eggs on the
ground in an old shed at the past Girl Scout camp. Last year we found one
egg, but did not notice any fledglings. We'll keep monitoring success.

Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary, Fayette, Indiana, US
Apr 2, 2017 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
43 species

Canada Goose 8 3 females sitting on nests.
Wood Duck 6 4 on pond 1 and 2 at wetland
Ring-necked Duck 2 On pond 2 and 3. Shari took photos.
Great Blue Heron 1
Black Vulture 4 One female black vulture with 2 eggs at Girl Scout
camp.
Turkey Vulture 4
Cooper's Hawk 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 2
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 4
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 4
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Phoebe 3
Blue Jay 2
American Crow 6
Carolina Chickadee 12
Tufted Titmouse 16
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
Brown Creeper 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 2 FOY
Golden-crowned Kinglet 6
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2 FOY Different locations. 1 at pond 2 and one in
pines at 4th pond.
Eastern Bluebird 4
American Robin 2
Brown Thrasher 1
Louisiana Waterthrush 1 FOY
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1 FOY Pond 3 flyover. Amy saw the bird and heard
it call.
Chipping Sparrow 12
Field Sparrow 2
Fox Sparrow 6