Date: 4/2/17 2:09 pm
Subject: Early April Stuff
Beautiful weather this weekend and things are starting to pick up in Wake County.
My backyard count for the month is at 34 with no real surprises. Gnatcatchers came in on March 31 and I watched a chickadee take dog hair that I left out to build a nest. Funny watching him gather and struggle to fly away!!!
Pam Diamond and I had our first PROTHONOTARY WARBLER at Haw River this morning, along with a few Louisiana Waterthrushes, Northern Parulas, and Yellow-throated Warblers. No Hoodeds or Ovenbirds yet, but I bet in a week they both will be there.

Brian Pendergraft
Fallls Lake, NC

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!