Date: 4/2/17 2:04 pm
From: Jeff Sewell or Carol Lambert <lambertsewell...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Wilson's Phalarope, Clayton County Water Authority--E.L. Huie Ponds, Apr 2, 2017
 Jeff Sewell / Carol LambertTucker, GA  (DeKalb Co.)<lambertsewell...>

Clayton County Water Authority--E.L. Huie Ponds, Clayton, Georgia, US
Apr 2, 2017 9:43 AM - 11:08 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.6 mile(s)
Comments:    With Carol Lambert.
52 species

Canada Goose  12
Gadwall  1
Mallard  2
Blue-winged Teal  2
Northern Shoveler  131    Counted each one.
Green-winged Teal  24    A small group left over from the winter.
Lesser Scaup  1
Bufflehead  4
Pied-billed Grebe  2
Double-crested Cormorant  85
Great Blue Heron (Blue form)  1
Turkey Vulture  2
Red-tailed Hawk  1
American Golden-Plover  1    Continuing in the south pond. It has been there week now.
Killdeer  2
Least Sandpiper  5
Pectoral Sandpiper  3
Wilson's Phalarope  1    This was a very odd looking Wilson's. The back seemed darker than what I would expect for this species as was the head, making the white area around the base of the bill very prominent. A faint eyebrow line can be seen in one of the photos which I did not see while there.This could have been due to the lighting. It was about the size of a nearby Lesser Yellowlegs.
Solitary Sandpiper  1
Greater Yellowlegs  1
Lesser Yellowlegs  4
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  1