Date: 4/1/17 8:42 pm
From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard...>
Subject: [obol] Photos: Malheur NWR a couple of days ago
I photographed a Great Horned Owl Flying at the Headquarters of Malheur
NWR. Report on Last Two Days at Malheur NWR. I just returned from two days
at Malheur. Lots of flooded fields near Burns. Saw most of the Sandhill
Cranes in the fields driving south from Burns to Malheur Malheur Lake at
the Narrows is totally dry, not even a mud puddle. You can walk around
headquarters and the rest rooms are open but not the visitor center. Saw
two Great Horned Owls in the trees around headquarters. I had the best luck
along Ruh-red road. Lots of flooding in the fields. Saw Burrowing Owl,
Golden Eagle, Horned Larks, Western Meadowlarks, Franklin's Gulls,Whimbrel
and my first sighting and photo of a Badger. Drove the CPR Road auto route
from point 1 to point 8. Very dry didn't see much of anything but the
Blitzen river did have water in it. Photography by Jim Leonard.. Click on
link below for photos.

https://goo.gl/photos/WH45oiDutnBBihpK9

Join us on Facebook!