Date: 4/1/17 6:58 pm
From: David Irons <LLSDIRONS...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Breeding Lane County Nashville Warblers
Tom,

I hope that you were not inferring that I think Nashvilles can be found in the Doug-firs. When I have found them in the Coast Range foothills from
Lorane south it has been in cutover areas with some combination of brushfields, oaks and often madrones. I do not expect to find Nashvilles in straight conifer forests. Even in upslope areas they tend towards drier south and east/facing slopes that are fairly steep.

Dave Irons

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 1, 2017, at 2:53 PM, Tom & Allison Mickel <tamickel...><mailto:<tamickel...>> wrote:

Dave & OBOL,

I used to have singing Nashville Warblers during the breeding season on noon walks from the office in Veneta until all the mixed forest habitat in the area was cut and “planted” with houses. I also found them in the same habitats in the Crow area, SW of Eugene, but I never found them in the Coast Range of Lane County except during migration. They seemed to like the mixed Douglas-fir, Grand Fir, Ponderosa Pine, Oregon White Oak, Bigleaf Maple habitats and not the pure Douglas-fir of the Coast Range.
They’re fairly common in the mixed forests of the Cascades up to about 5000’, but you don’t find them in the pure Douglas-fir forests there either.

Tom Mickel
Eugene

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon> Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

Join us on Facebook!