Date: 4/1/17 6:05 pm
From: Pam and Ben via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] No prairie falcon this afternoon, but some consolation
As of 5 p.m. when I left. We did get good views of a male kestrel eating a
snake or lizard. Interesting stuff on the river included a loon and
numerous horned grebes in breeding plumage, lots of rough-winged swallows
heading up river, a few Bonaparte's gulls, and a Caspian tern.

Perhaps the highlight of the day was watching rather extended and languorous
copulation of a pair of turkey vultures on the power plant. Sorry, no
pictures . . . .

Actually, the real highlight was spending hours hanging out with kindred
spirits and explaining our presence to curious passersby.

Ben Jesup

Alexandria