Date: 4/1/17 4:31 pm
From: Andrew Bankert <abankert2007...>
Subject: [cobirds] Loveland Birding - Larimer
Mike McCloy and I birded some reservoirs around Loveland this morning, and
although the weather didn't create the fallout conditions we had hoped for
we still found some good birds. The Great Black-backed Gull at Horseshoe
continued with the gull flock along with 2 Thayer's Gulls and 5 Lesser
Black-backed Gulls. I also saw my first immature California Gull of the
year. We also had my first American Avocet, Barn Swallow, and Cinnamon
Teal of the year. The farm pond on the north end also had a Mallard that
had some Mexican Mallard genes. We also covered most of the west side of
Boyd Lake and found 45 Greater Yellowlegs, 4 Lesser Yellowlegs, a
Black-necked Stilt, an American Avocet, an American Pipit, some Mountain
Bluebirds, and a Brown-headed Cowbird.

Good Birding!
Andy Bankert
Fort Collins