Date: 4/1/17 4:22 pm
From: Lee Schoenewe <lschoe...>
Subject: [ia-bird] April Fool out birding
Sometimes by the end of March I have hit 100 species for the year here in
northwest Iowa but more often than not I have not. Yesterday I was at 95
species so this morning I took a long walk along the old railroad
right-of-way next to the Little Sioux River south of Spencer. I added lots
of Fox Sparrows, a couple of Swamp Sparrows, nine Golden-crowned Kinglets, a
single Hermit Thrush and three Greater Yellowlegs to my year list. 100
species on the nose! No foolin'. Fresh air, good exercise and a nature
escape from reality. Life doesn't get any better than this!

Lee A. Schoenewe

Spencer