Date: 4/1/17 3:07 pm
From: Douglas Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Boone-Story-Polk birds today
I made a 5.5 hour loop from Ogden through Boone Co., Story Co. & northern
Polk Co. today (with an occasional short hike) and ended up with 56 bird
species--my best day of the year so far. Most were common species everyone
has been seeing the past few weeks, but I managed 2 FOY finds, both at
McCoy Wildlife Area, on the SE side of Ledges State Park. Taking a short
walk down the road from the parking area, I found a *Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker *on an field edge oak tree*,* and about 50 meters further south,
at the edge of main timber, was a flock of 9 *Fox Sparrows*. Also I saw
the Cinnamon Teal for the 5th consecutive day.

Doug Harr
Ogden