Date: 4/1/17 2:53 pm
From: Tom & Allison Mickel <tamickel...>
Subject: [obol] Breeding Lane County Nashville Warblers
Dave & OBOL,

I used to have singing Nashville Warblers during the breeding season on noon
walks from the office in Veneta until all the mixed forest habitat in the
area was cut and "planted" with houses. I also found them in the same
habitats in the Crow area, SW of Eugene, but I never found them in the Coast
Range of Lane County except during migration. They seemed to like the mixed
Douglas-fir, Grand Fir, Ponderosa Pine, Oregon White Oak, Bigleaf Maple
habitats and not the pure Douglas-fir of the Coast Range.

They're fairly common in the mixed forests of the Cascades up to about
5000', but you don't find them in the pure Douglas-fir forests there either.

Tom Mickel

Eugene