Date: 4/1/17 2:36 pm
From: Kathy McClain <kmcclann...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Louisiana Waterthrushes and Buffleheads
Enjoyed my FOY Louisiana Waterthrushes with great views of two of them: one
signing loudly from a tree branch, another foraging in a swampy area along
the lakeshore. Yellow-rumped Warblers were abundant and I had a high
count of 56 Buffleheads on the Lake.

Ferdinand SF, Dubois, Indiana, US
Apr 1, 2017 1:10 PM - 2:55 PM
Protocol: Traveling - Walking along the main road
2.0 mile(s)
40 species

Canada Goose 2
Bufflehead 56 Large group, mostly staying together on the lake. A few
separate males chasing groups of two-three females. At one point, a boat
got them all up at once and I had an accurate count as they landed back
down on the lake.
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Great Blue Heron 1
Turkey Vulture 3
Bald Eagle 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 3
Belted Kingfisher 2
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1 (FOY)
Downy Woodpecker 2
Northern Flicker 1
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Blue Jay 2 Building a nest together in a large pine tree
American Crow 1
Tree Swallow 25
Carolina Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 2
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
Carolina Wren 3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet 3
Eastern Bluebird 4
American Robin 6
Brown Thrasher 1
Louisiana Waterthrush 3 Two singing loud and clear in different
locations from tree branches. Located one for a visual view. One
Waterthrush was right along the shore of the lake in a swampy, wetland area
swaying the back end of of it's body back and and forth while foraging.
Pine Warbler 3
Yellow-rumped Warbler 15
Chipping Sparrow 8
Dark-eyed Junco 2