Date: 4/1/17 2:22 pm
From: Marc Ribaudo <moribaudo...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Prince William and Fairfax Co morning
I visited Breckenridge Rd and the Lorton equestrian center with Kurt Gaskill this morning.  I was at Breckenridge at about 6am, and all was quiet until 6:20 when a whip-poor-will and woodcock called at the same time.  As the sky lightened we were treated to a second whip, a host of pine warblers, red-breasted nuthatches, golden-crowned kinglets, a gnatcatcher, hermit thrush, sapsucker, and phoebe.  We then went to Lorton, enjoying a great egret that flew over 95. Shortly after we arrived a tight flock of 44 Bonaparte's gulls flew over, heading NW.  Some had full hoods.  Shortly afterwards two smaller flocks flew by.  Total count was 64.  Other highlights were a snipe, 18 white-crowned sparrows, fox and chipping sparrows, 2 jousting Cooper's hawks a (a breeding pair?) and northern rough-winged swallow.

Marc Ribaudo

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid