Date: 4/1/17 1:49 pm
From: drbeel <drbeel...>
Subject: [ia-bird] A crowning achievement

It seems like only yesterday that no one asked me if I was taking my occasionally annual trip to Tongueinshiek County.  Well, today I did just that, focusing on the NE quadrant of the SW section, ie, the central portion of the county.
As has become the norm, I found an unbelievable group of birds, each of them a first state record for Iowa.
---  White-crowned Pigeon ---  Red-crowned Parrot ---  Violet-crowned Hummingbird ---  Gray-crowned Yellowthroat---  Golden-crowned Warbler ---  Rufous-crowned Sparrow
As always, documentations will be forwarded to the IOU Bird Records Committee.  Because I'm on the committee, I will of course recuse myself and enjoy an adult beverage.
Happy April to all Iowa birders.
Bill Scheible Cedar Rapids

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone