Date: 4/1/17 12:31 pm
From: Tyler Grant <tgrant77...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Horned Grebe continues Ada Hayden Park
I birded all morning and added 34 species to my yearly list.

Added Cinnamon Teal, both kinglets, brown creeper, Eastern Phoebe and fox
sparrows at Ledge SP.

Checked Harrier Marsh, Slater treatment ponds, Sandpiper Rec Area. Got some
Red-breasted Mergansers at the dam pullouts.

All the way back at Roland Wildlife Area, the vegetation seems too high for
longspurs this year, but Savannah Sparrows are a dime a dozen. Saw some
sandpipers that were probably pectoral, but couldn't get a good look.

A pair of horned grebes continues at Ada Hayden Park in Story County, right
in front of the all the fishermen at the parking lot. Got great views.

Tyler Grant
Ames