Date: 4/1/17 9:15 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Geneseo. Groveland: L.Yellowlegs, Raven, Phoebe, Tree Swallows.
With all the rain I drove down to check the flooded fields in the Groveland
flats (along Rte. 63) this morning. There is plenty of flooded land, but
very little in the way of waterfowl: a dozen Bufflehead, about 8 Mallars, 2
Blacks Ducks, and a couple Canada Geese. I did see a flock of about 20
Tree Swallows and a Raven (just north of Groveland Station). Other birds
of interest or first of the year for me were a Phoebe, at the Indian Fort
Preserve, a few Horned Larks and a Lesser Yellowlegs south of Cuylerville.

Jim Kimball
Geneseo.edu