Date: 4/1/17 7:09 am
From: <dovekie...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] April storm
Massbirders:
          As Lois and I sit and watch this spring storm our thoughts wander to another such April nor'easter.  One that happened 20 years ago and one that was responsible for death of Dick Forster.  Dick Forster was probably the best field naturalist of his time and probably the best birder of my acquaintance (with the possible exception of R.S.Heil). I cannot claim to have been a friend of his but I did know him and did spend a little time with him in the field.  Enough time to appreciate that his skills at identifying birds was extraordinary. I am fairly certain that other, those who were his friends will be thinking of him this morning.

Doug Chickering
Gveland
<dovekie...>

Join us on Facebook!