Date: 3/31/17 8:35 pm
From: Fawn Bowden <fawnda10...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Cone Marsh- Louisa County today
I drove around Cone Marsh today around noon. Did not have the time I
would've liked to really look more thoroughly, but the place was just
hoppin' with activity! Lots of ducks and great habitat for shorebirds.
Highlights for me were a flock of Wilson's Snipes and Long-billed
Dowitchers, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, American Widgeons, Ruddy Ducks
with males in breeding plumage (love those pretty blue bills!), a female
Belted Kingfisher and a nocturnal mammal- Raccoon!

My ebird list:

eBird Checklist – Cone Marsh, Iowa – Fri Mar 31, 2017 – 38 species

Fawn Bowden

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pCOKuI0aZGk/WN8e9OmnaAI/AAAAAAAAAeA/tA-ylAVwfzEDxND0J2o34LXCaDRgFtMhACLcB/s1600/DSCF2110.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-VMAkpUtuY_o/WN8fR7ejuPI/AAAAAAAAAeE/5sCRRrcDHvAPL2KD7j6d4LQr1HzM6E_CgCLcB/s1600/DSCF2069.JPG>
Riverside, IA