Date: 3/31/17 6:23 pm
From: Ken Wiggers <ken.wiggers...>
Subject: [ia-bird] "Kingfrogger"
I watched this evening (~6:30) a Belted Kingfisher work the creek north of
the house. It dived, sat on a branch over the creek and worked about 5
minutes with success in swallowing a frog. The annual Eastern Phoebe was
flycatching part of the time this late afternoon by just skimming the water
(~8'x15') if a small pond. Three Wood duck pairs were on the creek today, 2
pairs are frequently here, one pair daily and using the Wood duck box.
Story county, 5 miles south of Ames. 3.31.17

*Ken*

*"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we
understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught" ---**Baba
Dioum*